HOWTO calculate the binary size of a .hexout/.flash/.germs file

Hi

How can subject be done???

Regards up front GreateWhite.DK

Reply to
GreateWhite.DK

all formats are not neccesarily contigious, that means the file can contain data for address 0x100-0x200 and 0x40000-0x4000F for example, is the binary size 0x10F then, or 0x40000F?

But usually the files contain contigious addresses. The NIOS SDK comes with a utility called nios-elf-size. Run it like "nios-elf-size .objout", that will give you an indication how big your file will be.

You can also interpret the last line of the SREC file yourself. When you run out of code/data space I think the linker will give you an error.

Jeroen

"GreateWhite.DK" schreef in bericht news:40b1bc0a$0$474$ snipped-for-privacy@dread14.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
Jeroen

Thanks for your reply Jeroen.

I have reflected a bit over what you said. It has however resulted in some other questions.

See what I want to do is to have some apps stored in my flash(1MB). On powerup will me boot code get data in my flash that is compressed and then extract the data directly to the RAM so I don't need any SREC file to be translated by the GERMS. How should this be done? Is it just taking the .out file and copy this into the RAM or what kind of actions must I make use of?

Regards GreateWhite.DK

contain

binary

with