How to trsiate o/p pins?

I am new to designing with FPGAs. I have an enable_output pin in my
FPGA which if deasserted will make the o/p data pins(32 pins) to Hi-Z
state. I would like to know how to make these o/p pins as Hi-Z by using
the control input (i.e) enable_output. I using Verilog and Synplify Pro
for synthesis and Xilinx ISE7.1 for PAR.

Thanks & Regards,
Srini.

Re: How to trsiate o/p pins?

It's straightforward in VHDL:

buspins <= value when OE = '1' lese (others => 'Z');

I guess in verilog it's something like:

assign buspins = (OE) ? drive : 32'bz;

but I'm not a verilog expert.

I'm sure the Synplify help tells you all about inferring tristate
pins, but I can't find it myself :-(

Cheers,

Martin

--
snipped-for-privacy@trw.com
Re: How to trsiate o/p pins?

To be equivalent to VHDL code it would be

assign buspins = OE ? value : 32'bz;

(parentheses are not required)