How to save simulation results in Xilinx ISE ?

Hi everyone,

I am using Xilinx ISE simulator for behavioral simulation of a large circuit. I would like to save simulated results, to avoid running the simulation again, which takes quite some time. However, when I use the "Save As" in Xilinx ISE, it DOES NOT save the results. I don't see any other options that would allow me to save data.

My ISE version is 8.2.03i

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Tele

Reply to
Telenochek

Hi Tele,

The current method of clicking on Save As in ISE is not implemented and this is why it is not working. Although there is a way to get this to work.

If you look in the ISE Simulator 9.2i docs, it has a section on how to view simulation results after simulation:

Eventhough you have 8.2i, this will still work. The docs only had this information in 9.2i that is why I pointed you to that doc.

Viewing a Waveform - Standalone Viewer

A simulation waveform can be displayed in the standalone isimwave waveform viewer. To View a Waveform in the Standalone Viewer

  1. Save a copy of the simulation waveform you wish to view. 2. Open the simulation waveform in the isimwave viewer by entering the follow command at a Windows=AE command prompt:

isimwave .xwv

where,

  • .xwv is the file name of the simulation data file.

A static standalone waveform viewer opens and displays the waveform for a previous simulation run. Waveform settings, such as markers, dividers and signal order, are not stored in the .xwv file and will not display in the standalone isimwave viewer.

Basically everytime you run a simulation in Proj Nav, you will get a .xwv file and this can be opened standalone. For 10.1 Xilinx is going to support the ability for you to save the waveform in the simulation then you can go to file open in Project navigator and open this xwv file. Then this will open inside project navigator. Currently you can only do this using command line isimwave command.

Hope that this helps

Thanks Duth

Note Currently this procedure can only be done through a Windows command prompt. Integration of this procedure in the ISE=99 software is currently being evaluated.

Reply to
Duth