How to save a changed *.wlf file with ModelSim

Hi, Our hardware engineer got *.vcd file from Xilinx ChipScope, then I swithced the *.vcd file to *.wlf file in ModelSim using vcd2wlf command. After getting *.wlf file, I combined a lot of signals, added color, changed their display format and so on. After that I would like to save the file for later use. But I couldn't find any appropriate tools in ModelSim to save the *.wlf file.

The only file that can be exported from ModelSim is *.bmp.

Do you know any better method?

Thank you.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang

Using 6.2d, log signals, run your simulation, select the workspace window go to file and hit the save option.... alternative have a look in the user manual :-)

Hans

Hans

Hans schrieb:

Hi Hansn and Weng, unless the 6.2d version is different in that point, all versions of Modelsim I know just save the format information in a do-file when using the file->save menu entry.

Of course it can be helpful, when it's ok to live with 2 files. The original vcd-file, and the format do-file (manually extended with the vcd2wlf comand at the top of the file.). My understanding of Wengs question is, that he wants to save everything in one file, and expects the wlf-file to do the trick.

For saving the wlf-file there used to be a "Save Dataset" command in the File menu. I didn't find it in 6.0d anymore. But even then I think you need 2 files, because the wlf-file only contains the bare data of the simulated signals and knows nothing about signal combinations, colors, cursors etc.. But I may be wrong...

Have a nice Simulation Eilert

Reply to
backhus

Hi Eilert, What you said is what I wanted.

Hans said 6.2 version, but I have only 6.1x version where there is no "Save Dataset" command any more.

I can live up to 2 files, one is *.wlf, another is *.do, but after loading *.do file, how can you load data from *.wlf file? The data is generated by running a simulation, but by loading from *.wlf.

You are very appreciated If you can tell me how to load *.wlf file with opend *.do file.

Weng

For 5.x version it really had "Save Dataset" option when open "File/Save" manu.

Weng

Reply to
Weng Tianxiang