How to read data from intel strata flash using microblaze?

Hello all,
This is the first time i am working with Flash.
Has anyone experienced with reading data from intel strata flash p30. I
read the flash data-sheet and it says that in order to read array i
need to write 0xFF to device base address.  I didn't find the place
where I insert the desire address to read from. can anyone explain me
in simeple words what is the read or write sequence of the Flash.

My next step is to write a C code that impliments the procedures of
reading and writing. I have an OPB_EMC. I have talked with xilinx
support and the guy there told me not to use xio_in16 or xio_out16 with
the opb_emc base address + offset. Does anyone know what instead??

so, thanks alot in advance.

Guy

Re: How to read data from intel strata flash using microblaze?

Once the device is in read array mode (which it defaults to on power up
or reset) simply assert the address you want to read on the address bus
and read the data on the data bus (i.e. it's a normal memory device).

Cheers

PeteS

Re: How to read data from intel strata flash using microblaze?
ok,
say i have managed to program it.Do  I read it using the emc as if it
is a regular sram ?
can i use the xio_in?

thanks

Re: How to read data from intel strata flash using microblaze?

Assuming you have successfully programmed the device, it's readable as
a standard memory device. Check the timings; flash and sram are not
quite the same although in most cases the same timings are adequate.

As to using your core, I can give you no advice without looking at the
details. If this is a standard core, then no doubt others here who may
have used it might be able to help.

Cheers

PeteS

Re: How to read data from intel strata flash using microblaze?
calling moose ... :)
can someone give me an example of how to work with the opb_emc and
write sequnce in c leng. ?????

thanks