How to protect fpga based design against cloning?

No problem, I've never had to use embedded batteries, it was just a general interest query.

Thanks for the info Erik, this could be useful backround for a design I've had in mind for some time.

Nial

------------------------------------------------ Nial Stewart Developments Ltd FPGA and High Speed Digital Design

Nial Stewart

I haven't wanted to use any yet, hence the ignorance.

I'm sure I will, when I have :-)

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

Hi

You consider there SRAM-based FPGAs (Xilnx, Altera..) which need external components to be programmed.

There are others technologies like anti-fuse or Flash-based FPGA. These FPGAs don't need any others components and so one can't read your bitstream.

Actel is a manufacturor of flash-based FPGA, if you really need security, have a look at their FPGAs.

Arnaud.

"Glen Herrmannsfeldt" a écrit dans le message de news:7cXnb.58247$Tr4.129994@attbi_s03...

reproduction

that