how to make ports visible?

Hello all,

I am trying to make the PORT B of a BRAM visible in EDK ver.6.2i . The only ports can make visible from PORT B is only the CLK.

have you any idea how to do the rest ports of BRAM PORT B visible?

regards

Reply to
xenix

Hi!

Do you mean that you want port B of a BRAM possible to connect to as independent ports and not a bus interface? In that case make a copy of the file bram_block_v2_1_0.mpd in the $EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/ pcores/bram_block_v1_00_a/data folder and rename it for example bram_block_modified.mpd. Remove the BUS = PORTB and the default connections of the signals, i.e. instead of BRAM_Dout_B = BRAM_Dout insert BRAM_Dout_B = "". Add the mpd file to the user repository of EDK and then you might have to restart XPS. Add the modified file to your project and now port B of the bram will be visible in the port connections. I have done this in later versions of EDK, hopefully it will work in 6.2 as well.

Regards, Roger

Reply to
roger