How to make a stdout peripheral?

Hallo, I have devolped a small LCD controller for my grhaphic display, OPB compliant.

When I create an embedded system with edk, I can choose STDIN and STDOUT, but my peripheral isn't between those I can choose. There is RS232, ecc. of my Spartan

3 Starter Kit.

I would make it a stdout. What should I do?

Reply to
Marco

"Marco" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@webx.sUNCHnE...

compliant.

but my peripheral isn't between those I can choose. There is RS232, ecc. of my Spartan 3 Starter Kit.

1) you 'mimic' the UARTlite registers 2) you write outb() that writes to the LCD that will redirect stdout from C program to your peripheral

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats