How to make a small (<4Kbyte) program for V4 PPC

I am trying to make a 4 Kbyte program to go in isocm at the top of PPC address space. It seems to build OK. But when I try to update the bitstream before downloading I get the somewhat cryptic error "ERROR:MDT

- Memory overlap detected between various program headers for processor ppc405_0". This occurs when it is "Analyzing file bootloops/pc405_0.elf". Does anyone have a clue what I might be doing wrong, in particular how to make it stop trying to use the bootloops mechanism.

thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham

Jeff Cunningham schrieb:

That means there are two binaries that should be loaded to the same address. If you have only one application the most common error is to not disable the default bootloop which seems to be the case here:

Do you have disabled the "Mark to initialize BRAMs"-Option for the ppc405_bootloop? The icon next to ppc405_bootloop on the "Applications" tab should contain a small red x. You can adjust the setting by right clicking on the bootloop entry.

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Hofmann

Thanks, Andreas - I didn't notice the bootloop "application" in the little window (not in bold type like the other apps). I disabled that, and now when I try to update the bitstream, the first time Data2mem runs, it crashes. If I run it again, it says nothing needs to be done. But when I then go to download the bitstream, it says the bitstream is empty. I guess I will need to open a webcase on this unless anyone has any better ideas.

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham

By anychance, did you try to make a compressed or encrypted bitstream ?

data2mem doesn't support those and it just crashes ...

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

No, just a normal uncompressed bitstream.

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cunningham