How to get the PPC profiler to work in Xilinx VP2 platform?

I found the appnote for microblaze (and src), but I can't find the anything for ppc.

The xilprofile directory in edk does not compile for ppc platform.

Has anyone tried profiler in the ppc? Any trick?

If I just compile with -pg, I have undefine reference to the _mcount(). Since xmd does collect profile info from ppc hw, there should be some code for xilprofile for ppc platform, right?

Thanks

-Tony

Reply to
T Lee

Hi Tony,

I have pasted a link to an application note that describes how to profile the ppc 405 in hardware (Click on xapp 545). If the link doesn't work for whatever reason, you can google "xapp545". Good luck.

nn

Reply to
Nju Njoroge