how to force DC to use a specific cell ?

hi all, how to force DC to use a specific cell for specific part of the code in verilog module. Power compiler is implementing my logic with XL gate (low power, high delay) from TSMC library. I want to use X2 or X4 flop for only that part of the code in the total verilog module. How can I do that??

By the way I cant instantiate the gate from cell library since the clock is gated. (becoz I want power compiler to insert clockgate circuitry in the clock pin of the flop.) Regards whizkid

Reply to
whizkid

I am not sure why you think instantiating the flop will prevent the PC to do clock-gating. But if that's really the case, you can always upsize the flop after the PC is done before you start the CTS. Write out the verilog, change the flop and continue with the rest of the flow. I still think you should be able to instantiate the flop only (the same type as the PC generates but with a higher drive) and let PC handle the rest.

I believe, eventually you are going to do scan insertion. During scan insertion, you may use the folowing command:

set_scan_register_type -exact -type (see man page on this command)

I also don't think that it is a good idea to edit synthesised gate-level verilog. It is error-prone and hard to repeat each time you do re-synthesis. If you have to to modifications after synthesis - you can do it with dc (or pc) - tcl and then add your modifications to the synthesis script. You can see an example of dc-tcl code on my site:

-> DC enhancements -> rebind_cell

Regards, Alexander Gnusin

Reply to
Alexander Gnusin

Whizkid, Why are posting "ASIC" stuff to the "FPGA" newsgroup? Are you porting a "FPGA" design to an "ASIC"?, or more likely using an FPGA to sanity check an ASIC design. I suppose a small percentage of the group has done both ASICs and FPGAs, I know I did in a prior lifetime, but based on the number of FPGA seats people are suggesting, I suspect that the percentage that do both is relatively small.

- regards Newman

Reply to
newman

always@(posedge CLK or negedge RST) begin if(!RST) begin EN132