how to convert analog signal cccam video to digital using systemc

Hi
In the context of a university research, I try to convert the signal coming from an analog camera (1000tvl camera style) to obtain a digital signal and save it in a file in format h264; All using SYSTEMC.
RQ: I start in systemc

Someone can help me or guide me. thank you

Re: how to convert analog signal cccam video to digital using systemc

Step one: learn all you need about video.
Step two: learn all you need about System C
Step three: put them together.

Seriously, what other answer can someone give to such a general question?

If you're capable of doing the job at all, this book should help with
step one:  <https://www.amazon.com/Video-Demystified-Handbook-Digital-
Engineer/dp/0750683953>

You may not find your particular camera's interface specification in
there, but reading that book should help a lot to understanding what the
camera's doing.

A _really rough sketch_ of what you need to do is:

* synchronize to the incoming video.  The camera will generate horizontal
and vertical sync signals that you'll need to synchronize to with phase-
locked loops.  For best performance, you may want to have a dedicated
analog pixel clock on the board that's not synthesized by the FPGA.

* Sample the pixels at the right time.

* Build frames in memory.

(This ends the analog part)

* Convert those frames to the digital format of your choice

* Get them onto disk

Note that there are a LOT of options and tradeoffs involved with the
"convert to digital" part -- mostly concerning what sort of compression
you use and how good it is.

I've seen this sort of thing done from scratch in commercial/military
products.  In that sort of environment I'd guess that it'd take a three
to six-man team about a year to get a prototype, and another six months
to get into production.  Getting a demonstration working on a eval board
that only has to work at room temperature and with an expert running
things should take a lot less effort.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services