How to change temperature in Xilnx Webpack with free starter Modelsim

I want to do post place and route timing simulation on a Virtex2 part using the Xilinx Modelsim starter simulator, how can I set the temperature point to 70 celcius?

Thank you for your replies

Reply to
gja

"gja" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:SQdDd.3214$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.lga...

using

Add

temperature=70C;

to your UCF

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner

Tried that, but i get this warning message:

Started process "Generate Post-Place & Route Simulation Model".

WARNING:Anno:255 - command line '-s -4' overrides .pcf TEMPERATURE = 70.000 C

point

Reply to
gja

Anyone?

70.000
Reply to
gja

70.000

This message is when you build the model? It looks like NGDanno is being invoked with -s -4 (change speed to 4) in the command line. If you run NGDanno from the process window in the ISE navigator I don't think you can turn this off. Maybe someone knows how to run this from a command line. Check out the Development System Reference Guide chapter 24 "NGDanno" in the online documentation.

part

temperature

Reply to
Gabor

Looks like this is a known problem and will be fixed in a later version. Here's a workaround I received from Xilinx support: For now if you want to do this you will need to run netgen in command line and delete the "-s-4" option.

To do this:

  1. In Project Navigator click on your top level 2. Run Generate Post-Place & Route Simulation Model ( you will still get the same warning) 3. Under Design Entry Utilities click on View Command Line Log File 4. The last command line should read something like 1. netgen -intstyle ise -s 4 -pcf top.pcf -ngm top.ngm -w -ofmt verilog -sim top.ncd top_timesim.v 5. Now open a command line 6. Change to your project directory 7. Paste the netgen command in the command line minus the -s 4 option. Something similar to this. 1. netgen -intstyle ise -pcf top.pcf -ngm top.ngm -w -ofmt verilog -sim top.ncd top_timesim.v 8. You can now run Model Sim with this file

Reply to
gja