how to bidirectional signal in xilinx EDK tool ?

hi all i am facing a problem with EDK tool. can you please assist me in this regard.the problem is :-

i am using a top file of name opb.vhd, which using a INOUT signal.when i synthesis using EDK tool , a opb_wrapper file is creating by EDK tool which describes the MDIO inout signal into three signal like MDIO _O, MDIO _I , and MDIO _T .when i modifing the wrapper file as per my desire logic and synthesising it once again , it overwrites the modified wrapper file and unable to synthesis further. can u please pass the remedy. error messages are.

ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port of instance does not exist in definition . ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port of instance does not exist in definition . ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port of instance does not exist in definition .

in summary i want to know how to handle the bidirectional signal in EDK tool.

Reply to
kmk1978

Did you press the "Rescan User Repositories" after messing up with the source code? Otherwise the MPD files are read from cache. If the modified MPD is rewritten by the cache file then close the EDK, modify files, delete ALL the files connected to your peripheral in project_root/implementation and then repeat the implementation.

Cheers,

Guru

Reply to
Guru

I encountered the same error recently when I tried to create a custom IP for EDK that has a INOUT data bus. How I remove the error is by moving my tri-state buffers from the IP VHDL codes to the MHS file. In this way, I have 3 signals for the data bus, data_I, data_O and data_T from the IP. Apparently, EDK handles the bidirectional signal in the MHS file. For syntax example, you can refer to EDK IP, IIC(or was it I2C) bus controller's MPD and the project MHS after you've added the IIC bus controller. Disclaimer : I manage to remove the error and generate the bitstream, but as I don't have the hardware to test. This method was not tested.

Hope this help.

Cheers! lionheart70

Reply to
lionheart70