How LVDS Drivers kills?

Dear all, Please tell me how LVDS drivers with cables can damaged? Possible cases are:

1 - Power supply under/overshoots. 2 - ESD on cables. 3 - Missing hot-plugging. e.g. connect GND, then signal, then power. 4 - Killer spikes on power supply rail or input/outputs. 5 - ?

Regards.

Reply to
Masoud Naderi

Masoud, Can you tell me more about the failure mode? NJ

Reply to
NJ

Hi, Our LVDS Drivers failed when their power supply starts(it has soft start feature). On some boards only positive output or input of differential side failed (probably because of high current sourcing in failure mode). I checked power suppply yesterday and found some negative (-2.7v) but very narrow (200ns) spikes on power supply rail. I think it is one of the problems. LVDS drivers are from TI and spikes below -0.5 damage them. I look for more problem, e.g. grounding and ...

here are some shematic of our system:

LVDS+/- LVDS+/- GND ----------------------------------------------------------> GND

regards

Reply to
Masoud Naderi

This sounds like a grounding problem, whose LVDS drivers are you using?

Reply to
tbx135

Hi, I measured ground voltage difference between two side of cable, it was very small ( This sounds like a grounding problem, whose LVDS drivers are you using?

Reply to
Masoud Naderi

Read this:

tbx135