How do I scale a 9-b signed 2's complement data by 17/sqrt(21)? - Page 16

Re: How do I scale a 9-b signed 2's complement data by 17/sqrt(21)?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:11:57 GMT

The 115/31 was the strangest idea offered.
If you need the result in a single clock, please look *seriously* at the
simple multiplier.  These are designed as library elements for very fast
results and can easily accommodate your "one clock cycle" requirement.

If your clock is 20 MHz, doing the 115/31 might be reasonable but it
sure isn't single-clock friendly!

Another consideration: does this value get used somewhere that you can
algebraically manipulate the values so a /31 or /sqrt(21) can be "pulled
in" to other number manipulation?

PLEASE consider the multiplier.

Re: How do I scale a 9-b signed 2's complement data by 17/sqrt(21)?