How do I find the signature of PROM bitstreams?

Is it possible to read back a xilinx PROM bitstream? I need the Date signature so that I can identify it among 5 of other bitstreams.

Reply to
Frank

Frank,

The bitstream file will have a signature (header) when produced by bitgen, however this header is striped out by the config mechanism when beeing programed into the fpga, so is lost, what you can do is to calculate your own CRC (without the header) and keep a map file somewhere. (or save the original bitstreams and perform a diff excluding the header)

Aurash

Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut