How do I find the signature of PROM bitstreams?

Is it possible to read back a xilinx PROM bitstream? I need the Date
signature so that I can identify it among 5 of other bitstreams.

Re: How do I find the signature of PROM bitstreams?
Frank,

The bitstream file will have a signature (header) when produced by
bitgen, however this header is striped out by the config mechanism when
beeing programed into the fpga, so is lost, what you can do is to
calculate your own CRC (without the header) and keep a map file
somewhere. (or save the original bitstreams and perform a diff excluding
the header)

Aurash

Site Timeline