How do i add my IP to EDK?

Hi, I have designed a IP core, how can i add my IP to EDK? Anyone who can help me?

Reply to
rbmm756

choose the right bus : fsm, opb, (there is a wizard) then map your core, then write the drivers code, then test it...

Reply to
rponsard

If you are attaching to the OPB, PLB, or FSL, you can use the Create/ Import Peripheral Wizard to create a skeleton for you. I thing there are some tutorials out there that describe using the IPIF.

If you prefer not to use the IPIF, you are using another bus (custom, point-to-point, DCR, or LMB), or you just want to do this manually, you can follow the conventions used by other IP cores (check under EDK/ hw). You need to follow a certain folder structure and have correct MPD (Microprocessor Peripheral Description) and PAO (Peripheral Analyze Order) files. Use existing IP core MPD and PAO files as a reference along with the Platform Specification Format Reference Manual (psf_rm.pdf).

Once you have these finished, you just need to put your IP core in a user repository and it will show up under EDK (assuming EDK was closed when you were doing this, or you manually refreshed the user IP cores through EDK).

Reply to
HurleyBP