How can Spartan-6 interface with 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet?

Hi, I read LogiCORE IP AXI Ethernet Lite MAC (v1.01.b), which says that the Ethernet interface is with 10Mb/s 100Mb/s. On its spec, I find that the maximum clock for Spartan xc6slx45t AXI4-lite 120 MHz (Target Fmax). I am puzzled about the two categories numbers. 120 MHz is only marginal higher than 100 Mb/s. How can it recover a 100 Mb/s data? Could you explain it to me? Thanks,

Reply to
fl

thernet

ock for

two

n it

Reply to
Russell

The PHY interface (MII) runs at 25 MHz for a 100 Mbps link. The AXI bus is much wider than even that interface, so it can easily deal with 1Gpbs Ethernet. Note that the 120 MHz limit is at the AXI interface and not the I/O side of the module.

--
Gabor
Reply to