HOW CAN I USE OPB EMC

hi can anyone tell me how can i use opb emc for controlling more than two memory banks. opb emc can be used for 8 memory banks each bank can have different data width. one memory bank already being used is external memory SRAM with 32 data width. but i want to add flash memory to EMC with a data width of 8. is there any tutorial of how i can add a memory bank via EMC?

it would be really great help if some one can answer this thank you in advance

Reply to
shane

I would suggest that you not attempt to add it as a separate bank on an existing opb emc. Instead, put in a separate opb emc instance just for the flash. Here are settings I use for one particular flash, from the system.mhs file:

# TE28F640-J3, flash mem BEGIN opb_emc PARAMETER INSTANCE = my_flash PARAMETER HW_VER = 2.00.a PARAMETER C_NUM_BANKS_MEM = 1 PARAMETER C_OPB_CLK_PERIOD_PS = 10000 PARAMETER C_MEM0_BASEADDR = 0x94000000 PARAMETER C_MEM0_HIGHADDR = 0x94FFFFFF PARAMETER C_MEM0_WIDTH = 32 PARAMETER C_INCLUDE_DATAWIDTH_MATCHING_0 = 0 PARAMETER C_TCEDV_PS_MEM_0 = 120000 PARAMETER C_TAVDV_PS_MEM_0 = 120000 PARAMETER C_THZCE_PS_MEM_0 = 35000 PARAMETER C_THZOE_PS_MEM_0 = 15000 PARAMETER C_TWC_PS_MEM_0 = 120000 PARAMETER C_TWP_PS_MEM_0 = 70000 BUS_INTERFACE SOPB = opb_bus PORT Mem_A = flash_a PORT Mem_DQ = flash_dq PORT Mem_CEN = flash_cs_l PORT Mem_OEN = flash_oe_l PORT Mem_WEN = flash_we_l PORT Mem_RPN = flash_rst_l END

Reply to
Duane Clark

hi

Thanks for replying

iam using microblaze for first time so please bear with my questions

iam using data width for flash device as 8 but does opb emc support data width matching for flash devices?

if it does support, updating the settings of system.mhs file takes care of it or do i need to change any other settings

wat values should i use for these parameters C_THZCE_PS_MEM_0, C_TWP_PS_MEM_0 ,C_TCEDV_PS_MEM_0, C_TAVDV_PS_MEM_0, C_TWC_PS_MEM_0

Reply to
shane

There is a section in the opb_emc document entitled "Data-Width Matching for Flash Memories".

If you are using the GUI tools, them I don't know whether changes made in the system.mhs file will get overwritten. I don't use the GUI, so I make all changes by editing that file, and that is the only place changes need to be made.

You need to look at the data sheet for the flash you are using, and compare that to the definitions in the opb_emc data sheet. The values I gave as an example are only good for that particular flash.

Reply to
Duane Clark