How can I perform Boundary Scan Testing on Altera Cyclone II FPGAs using JTAG?

I think I have a problem with my Cyclone II FPGA and wanted to do a boundary scan check on the device to see if it is working ok. I looked for options to perform a boundary scan check using the Quartus programmer tool and couldn't find anything useful. I have used this feature on the Xilinx ISE tools and wanted to know if this can be done on the Altera FPGAs.

Any suggestions will help. Thanks Anup

Reply to
futzy.r

just write your own STAPL file for the boundary test and execute it with quartus programmer

Antti

Reply to
Antti

You may try these programs for manual boundary-scan test:

Scanseer --

UniversalScan --

They both allows to monitor and control device's pins in real-time using JTAG.

-- SK

Reply to
SKatsyuba