hook up SRAM to Spartan3

Has anyone successfully hooked up an SRAM to the Spartan3 FPGA yet?? If you
have, can you tell me how you hooked it up????

Thanks, Ann

Re: hook up SRAM to Spartan3

have, can you tell me how you hooked it up????

Are you looking for a schematic? If so try
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~alles/fpga/euterpe.pdf

This schematic shows you how you can connect a standard synchronous SRAM
to the Spartan3.

Matthias Alles

Re: hook up SRAM to Spartan3
Good to see another EAGLE user.

What are you doing with this board, may I ask?

b r a d @ a i v i s i o n . c o m

Re: hook up SRAM to Spartan3

I just wanted to gain experience in PCB designing with it. If you want
to know more detailed what I did with this board so far have a look at
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~alles/fpga /

Matthias

Re: hook up SRAM to Spartan3
Hi, Thanks for the schematic. So do you have application notes on how to
interface with this sram? Is there a module in your FPGA design that interface
with this sram? Thanks, Ann

Re: hook up SRAM to Spartan3

to interface with this sram? Is there a module in your FPGA design that
interface with this sram? Thanks, Ann

You can get an sdram interface on Lattice's website.  It can target to
a low cost EC fpga.
http://www.latticesemi.com/products/devtools/ip/refdesigns/sdr_sdram.cfm

Teo

Re: hook up SRAM to Spartan3
interface with this sram? Is there a module in your FPGA design that interface
with this sram? Thanks, Ann

I don't have any application notes about it. When you use the EDK of
Xilinx you can use the generic SRAM core. But it's not very difficult to
write an own SRAM controller, you only need the data sheet of the SRAM..

Matthias

Site Timeline