Heritage Data books!

hi,

Pile of data books in search of a good home...

I have a collection of perhaps 80 or 100 data books for various logic, CPU and DSP devices and device families, mostly dating from around 1988-1994 but with a few earlier and later than this.

Don't expect them to be any use for real day-to-day work; they describe devices almost all of which are entirely obsolete.

Some are real curiosities - the first and, I think, only data book for Crosspoint FPGAs, for example. Others are more mundane: Philips 74FTTL and suchlike. With a heavy heart, I now think it's time to part with them. I had dreams of settling down and writing some kind of history of the development of logic design over the 1970-2000 period, but by the time I have enough leisure to do it I suspect I won't have the skill or stamina.

So, they're yours if you can offer them a loving home and can work out with me how to get them from south-east England to you without it costing me anything.

cheers

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

Hi Jonathan,

Do you have a list or good enough picture somewhere on the web? I'd like to have a peek and see if there's anything I'd like (if you don't mind splitting up the collection). Would paying shipment by Paypal work for you?

Alvin.

Reply to
Alvin Andries

There's always ebay. I suspect you might have one or two books in the collection that someone might want for nostalgia or something. I tossed my collection dating from about the same time period...including that same crosspoint data book...a few years ago when I was remodeling my office. I did save a few books like the TRW data book with DSP components, a hardcover 1976 Signetics data book and a few others that I had a particular attachment to. I reduced four full bookcases of outdated data books to half a shelf worth. Mine went to the recycling center.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

I'll post a complete list as soon as I get back home on Thursday.

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

Hello stranger, (to s.e.d these days anyway).

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to