Help with XST warnings (2)

Can anybosy help me with these warnings? I tried looking at XILINX answers database and found no record of them. Moreover, I found out that by modifying the environment variable, these warnings can be turned off....but i'm kinda skeptical as i dont know if these are major show-stoppers or not

WARNING:Xst:1710 - FF/Latch (without init value) is constant in block . WARNING:Xst:1290 - Hierarchical block is unconnected in block .

Thanks MORPHEUS

Reply to
morpheus

regarding the first warning, it just means that you have a bit by name "seriesiii_chan1_reg_2" which is not changing and having a constant value of either '0' or '1'. the second warning says that you have one module(or port) not connected in its instantiating module. this you have to look into if it was purposeful or not.

Reply to
Neo

Well, Thanks for the advice, but the problem is that I can't figure out why the block may be unconnected. I checked my code, simulation. So the question is how do I make sure whether this warning is purposeful or not. Any advice is appreciated Thanks MORPHEUS

Reply to
morpheus

You have to find out if leaving c1 unconnected dosent affect the functionality of the design.

Reply to
Neo