Help with Microblaze timer peripheral

Hi everyone,

I am a begginer with microblaze, and I am trying to do some practice code in a Spartan3 Development Boards. I want to program a counter with the opb_timer and print the counter every 0.5 seconds in the RS232 out interface. I dont have enough experience programming the timer driver in generate mode. I would like to know if I need to initialize the timer if I include #"xtmrctr_l.h" instead of #"xtmrctr.h". And what functions do I need to use to start and pause the timer.

Thnx

Alfred

Reply to
Alfreeeeed