Help with ISE WebPack 8.2i (moving project files)

Is there something I must do first before I copy or move a project to another place on my computer?

Reply to
Gery

Gery schrieb:

make a backup! :)

in 8.2 things seem to be getting better. I have succesfully cloned ISE 8.2 (even with EDK as subproject) into fresh empty directories, and the newly copied project worked without any need for any fixup.

this may not always be so depending on your project so just make a backup, then copy files to new location and try it out

Antti

Reply to
Antti

First I made a copy of my project folder and then I started to modify the project in the new folder. Then I noticed that ISE had made changes in the original project folder too.

So I will follow your advice of making a backup before.

Reply to
Gery

Gery schrieb:

it depends how files are added to the original project, if they use absolute path, then the cloned project would reference them from old location.

if you have installed Lattice LatticeMico32 then in directory C:\LatticeMico32\MicoSystem\gtools\bin is a text file

editise.txt

it talks how to use the iseEdit.tcl script to import and export setting from Xilinx .ISE files

Antti

Reply to
Antti