help using lwIP with xilinx EMAC

hello...

in order to interface between my pc (via matlab) and the XUP Virtex 2 pro board, i came to know i'll have to use the lwIP library/stack...

is that right? (there is no OS running on the ppc405 in the board, and windows xp on the pc....)

should i use the raw API or sockets?

also, could you please recommend examples (with codes to show functionalities...) for both? (i referred to xilinx app note 663...)

please reply asap and help out...

thanks in advance..

vikram

Reply to
vikram

You can interface to the PC in many ways. Does the board you have include a serial port? That could be simpler, but it of course depends on what you are trying to do.

You will probably want to be running the xilinx kernel on the PPC to give you threading support.

Sockets is probably the best. Then just about any examples of socket programming you can find on the web will be relevant.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

POSIX and Berkeley sockets lead to ugly, unscalable architectures. I would use raw sockets where they're available. They're not any more difficult to use, and the concepts are identical.

Reply to
MikeWhy