HDL Bencher question

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a simulation testbench using the HDL Bencher in ise 4.2i (I have to use that old software, as I am using 5 V original Spartan chips). It seems that bidirectional buses can be checked for results, but can't be forced! It displays with yellow background (inactive) and I've found no way to drive the bus from the testbench (make it go to blue background or active).

What am I missing here? The manual, even an additional one I downloaded from the Xilinx web site, was pretty sketchy. Otherwise, it is a really nice tool for setting up a testbench.

Thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson