Have you ever experimented some problem with External Memory?

Hello,

I ask for people who has detected some problem in programs running in External Memory (Micron DDR SDRAM). These problems are about "printf" and "malloc" functions, and the results are unexpected.

Best Regards for your answers.

Reply to
Pablo

I know little about software so my suggestions are from hardware perspective. are you sure that your DDR memory controller is functioning properly? can you pass some memory tests ?

Reply to
chestnut

If it's a Microblaze, Xilinx documents say the libc or stdio stuff is not re-entrant. You'll have to add your own locks if you have multiple threads writing to stdout, for example.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Thanks so much for your replies.

I have just passed multiple memories tests. every thing works fine. But i have detected something abnormal when I used multiple threads. So it seems to be a problem of re-entrant threads.

Again, my best regards

pablo

Reply to
Pablo