hard disk drivers problem

I am writing a interface about the ata interface but I have a problem that the dma request signal is sometimes always high when power up,and the hardware reset didn't work.So I don't have idea that what is the problem.Also I try the samsung hard disk drivers,and the hardware reset can reset the dma request signal to '0'!

Reply to
bjzhangwn

If by "hardware reset" you mean the reset signal on the ATA interace, don't expect too much of it. The name is misleading, it does nothing near what a power cycling reset will do - and it may vary between vendors, especially when it comes to DMA and ATAPI combined (fortunately, ATAPI provides fast transfer mechanisms in PIO mode...).

Dimiter

dp

bjzhangwn schrieb:

check your power-up sequence ... the drive should go to a ready-state after delay and status-polling. The procedure from the sepc just works fine for me and I never had an issue with *that* ...

bye, Michael

Reply to
Michael Schöberl