Handel-C to VHDL

When I generate VHDL from Handel-C. I always end up with an empty VHDL file, did any one face this problem? and how to solve it? Thanks

Reply to
Ahmed Ablak

Hi Ahmed,

There is not much info to go on. I assume you are using Handel-c because of some existing (Celoxica) hardware? If you are just after C synthesis then I would suggest you look at Hercules, Xilinx HLS, synflow etc or swap to a more traditional RTL languages.

Do any of the demo files work? There is a simple led toggle example in the ./examples/pal/led directory.

Good luck, Hans

HT-Lab

Hi Ahmed, Can you tell me how did you generate VHDL from Handel-C?? I'm working on the conversion from c++ to vhdl with handel-c but i didn't know how to do it.. Thanks

Reply to
princesse91

It's very easy use interfaces for inputs and outputs in your Handel-C code. Then change the debug option into VHDL or Verilog or EDIF or SystemC. Be sure to use Mentor Graghics DK Design Suite 5.

Reply to
ahmedablak0

do you still have access to Mentor Graphics DK Design Suite 5? I thought this was now obsolete

Reply to
martinjpearson

I think DK is not (yet) obsolete but barely alive, the latest version is

5.4_1 released back in 2011. Nowadays anybody interested in C/C++/SystemC synthesis will have a wide choice from free to CatapultC.

Hans

HT-Lab

Our site licence has now expired and Mentor will not renew it. Anyone have any experience of Impulse C? I'm drawn to the CSP based architecture

Reply to
martinjpearson