GSR

Gentlemen:
    I have a situation where some of my compatriots want to be able to reset
a Virtex2 in order to reload the program from the 18V04 chips. Generally,
they are going to want to do this after they have loaded a new image into
the eprom's and they want to do it under program control.

    Would I be correct in assuming that all they need to do is instantiate
glbl.v in their design and assert the GSR signal hi? At that point, the chip
should tri-state that same assertion and all the other signals, read the
eproms and start afresh?

Charles

Re: GSR
GSR sets the internal registers to their initial state. If you want to
reconfigure you need to drive the oe/reset pin of the prom then the prog_b
of the fpga. You can do this from the fpga itself.

Steve

reset
chip

Site Timeline