GSR

Gentlemen: I have a situation where some of my compatriots want to be able to reset a Virtex2 in order to reload the program from the 18V04 chips. Generally, they are going to want to do this after they have loaded a new image into the eprom's and they want to do it under program control.

Would I be correct in assuming that all they need to do is instantiate glbl.v in their design and assert the GSR signal hi? At that point, the chip should tri-state that same assertion and all the other signals, read the eproms and start afresh?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Krinke

GSR sets the internal registers to their initial state. If you want to reconfigure you need to drive the oe/reset pin of the prom then the prog_b of the fpga. You can do this from the fpga itself.

Steve

reset

chip

Reply to