Good FPGA for an encryptor

Piotr,

There are no restrictions on Xilinx in selling or shipping the AES 256 bit decryptor in V4 (or any restrictions of the 3DES in VII, VII Pro, VII Pro-X).

We are shipping an implimentation of the decryptor which is based on the NIST standard (c code available on line). Since the AES 256 is a standard, there are no restrictions on export.

For a very short time, back when we introduced Virtex II, there were restrictions against shipping 3DES encryption to certain countries. This meant that we could not ship our software to those countries (as it has the encryption part coded into it). That restriction was later removed before we had to take any actions.

Austin

Piotr Wyderski wrote:

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Nicholas,

Oh yes, I can play the game to find out.

Right now, the JTRS crowd has decided to use a software uP, and not use reconfiguration of an FPGA.

Seems that they already have all the c code, and they can't risk taking the time to convert it.

They won't meet the power budget, they won't meet the size budget, and they won't meet the eventual requirements (as the uP is far too weak to do any of the newer and more powerful waveforms which are not required in the first phase of JTRS). They still need an FPGA for glue and some acceleration even with the uP.

It is painful when you see how your tax dollars get mis-spent, first hand.

Aust> >

Reply to
Austin Lesea

They want to do a uP version of all those standards? ICK. CDMA alone is a pain in da butt (and one of the standards supposed to be supported: JTRS radios include cellphone functionality too), let alone the UWB stuff they want to do.

It would actually be cool to do the "Calm" project as an alternative: A multiband software radio with all the cool crypto stuff in an FPGA platform, just to show how superior FPGAs are for stuff like that. :)

--
Nicholas C. Weaver.  to reply email to "nweaver" at the domain
icsi.berkeley.edu

Unfortunately MAXes are too small and I need many banks of RAM... :-(

Best regards Piotr Wyderski

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski