Global clock as input of a FF

Hi,

when trying to sample a global clock as shown in the process, the QuartusII 4.2 Design Assistant shows the critical warning that clocks should only feed input clock ports.

So what can I do about that ? I need to sample the clock to find out where the center of the clock period is.

I also get the critical warning that there are delay chains in my synchronous design. The Design Assistant tool recommends not to use any delay chains in synchronous designs.

I do not know how the delay chains did arise. So how can I comply with the Design Assistant tool to remove the delay chains ?

Thank you very much for your help.

process(Clk_fpga_fast) begin if rising_edge(Clk_fpga_fast) then l_sample1

Reply to
ALuPin