Getting started with Virtex-II Pro LC Dev Board

Hi,

I have this board. Now I want to implement my first project. Are there any sample projects that work for this board?

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

Hi,

I have found this on the Xilinx-website:

The Virtex-II Pro Developer?s Kit is a compilation of three CDs. The first CD, labeled ?Virtex-II Pro Developer?s Kit, March 2002? contains reference systems, hardware/software IP, and documentation. The second CD, labeled ?GNU Software Developer?s Tools for PowerPC®, March 2002? contains a set of tools for building software applications. The third CD, labeled ?Foundation ISE 4.2I Eval? contains the Xilinx FPGA Implementation Tools.

The problem is, that I don't have those 2 cds because I got the starterkit from my university... Is there any source on the web to get the cds?

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

Benjamin,

These tools are obsolete, by 3 generations (4.2i vs 7.1i). You should check with your university for the latest version of the Embedded Developer's Kit (EDK) and Foundation ISE 7.1i.

Ed

Benjam> Hi,

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hi,

I know thats an old version, I already have the latest ISE. But I am looking for some sample programms that use the LCD from my board or something like that (reference systems).

I have this board:

At the moment I can not assign my ports to a pin, very weird. I can only choose a bank in the "loc"-field but not a specific pin.

regards, Benjamin

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc

Hi,

I got a little bit started now, with flashing some LEDs on my board....

However I think there is a bug in PACE when assigning pins to nets, I can only select Banks in the Loc field there.

regards, Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Menküc