Generate ACE File: *.elf does not contain start address

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to put Linux on the XUPV2P Board, therefore I use the Tutorial from the Brigham Young University (BYU,

In this Tutorial you are told to build an ACE File with the following command:

xmd -tcl genace.tcl -opt xupGenace.opt

where the file xupGenace.opt contains the following:

-jprog

-board user

-target ppc_hw

-hw implementation/download.bit

-elf TestApp_memory/executable.elf

-configdevice devicenr 1 idcode 0x1127e093 irlength 14 partname xc2vp30

-debugdevice devicenr 1 cpunr 1

-ace system.ace

When I adjust the paths to my application and execute the command mentioned above, I get an error:

*.elf does not contain start address ...

In the Xilinx Answer Database, there is an entry for this issue: Xilinx Answer Record #23192,

But when I change the code according to this record, the problem remains.

I'm using EDK 8.2.02i, does anybody know what to do?

Thanks and Regards, Peter

Reply to
Peter Kampmann

hmmm, I think I have solved the problem:

add the following line to the xupGenace.opt - File:

-start_address 0xFFFFFFFC

the start address, I've chosen here, points to the boot-section that's in the linker-script.

Regards, Peter

(BYU,

#23192,

Peter Kampmann