FSL link beginner question

Hello

I have added manually the Peripherial described in the following document to my system. And there were really output results, so it worked quite good.

The next step was, that I altered the entity iDCT, so that it only performs a simple xor operation.This was the only change! But unfortunately the output value is always 0, so can somebody perhaps tell me what went wrong in this example? The IP should be added correctly to the Microblaze processor, is it perhaps possible that I have to set the Data_Out_Valid signal

Reply to
Roger Planger

You have to handle the other signals in the protocol like the data_in_valid,... You also have to set the Data_Out_Valid when you actually have valid data.

Göran

Roger Planger wrote:

Reply to
Goran Bilski

Hi

Thanks for your answer

Well I am a real newbie, so I have a ask again what do you mean exactly. So I need a state machine to manage this simple operation?

First of all I have to set the data_in_valid You also have to set the Data_Out_Valid when you actually have valid data.

Reply to
Roger Planger
030702090909090406040908 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

You should download EDK 6.3i where you can do this automatically in the tools. The tools will insert a dummy function where you can change one line for this type of function you want to do.

Göran

Roger Planger wrote:

Reply to
Goran Bilski

Sounds good, but download is available from October 4, so can perhaps you Goran or somedody else please quickly tell me the steps I have to do to solve this problem? Would be really great

Cheers

Göran

Roger Planger wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your answer

Well I am a real newbie, so I have a ask again what do you mean exactly. So I need a state machine to manage this simple operation?

First of all I have to set the data_in_valid

Reply to
Roger Planger

performs

hm not sure if it would help

there in file download is simplest FSL peripheral example, its working and tested, and some users have said it been useful for them, so please take a look :)

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats