from email into FPGA !!

Hi

I am very glad to announce that the very first succesful 3rd party reference design has been verified on the smallest ever Linux ready standalone FPGA module.

Entner Electronics did send us their Eric5 reference design (as a .bit file made with ISE), I copied the attachment onto mini-SD card, inserted it into the card slot, powered up and - Thomas could you please comment back our response time? How many minutes did elapse from the time you sent the email until I replayed back with 'it works' confirmation?

I am happy as a cricket!

And Entner Electronics has really deserved their free of charge HydraXC module its almost on the way to them already!

links:

- the home of the smallest standalong FPGA computer
the makers of ERIC5 tiniest FGPA processor

- un-official hydraxc support pages

Antti

PS needless to say the Eric5 demo worked the first time we tried. Thomas has not seen the hydraxc fpga module, and I have not had access to the Eric5 design files. It just worked first attempt tried.

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Antti,

great that things are working fine in the first try. So this was really a good "joint venture". Your response time was 17 minutes, but maybe we should also subtract some minutes of e-mail-delay from that ;-)

BTW: The design includes

- ERIC5-core (largest version with stack and interrupts)

- UART

- I/O-Ports (LED and LCD-display)

- Download-functionality via UART

The resource usage is 376 LUTs in a Spartan3-1000 (less then 3%). Of course ERIC5 is also available for all other popular FPGA-families, the smallest core-version takes about 100 LEs in an Altera Cyclone.

I am already curios for the HydraXC ;-)

Regards

Thomas

"Antti Lukats" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:da0isp$ab$01$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com...