Free Seminars/Labs - Implementing PCI Express Designs in FPGAs

Having not done any free seminars for a while we now fixing that by running 2 sets of seminars in May and possibly into June if we add some more dates. Both sets of seminars are based on the implementation of a custom PCIe design with one set of seminars based on Xilinx Spartan-6 and the other set based on Altera Cyclone-IV.

The format is approximately 1/2 to 2/3 of a working day roughly split equally between lecture time and a practical lab where you will get proper hands on building of a design hopefully taking it through to working in real hardware.

Details at

and initial dates are at our office(or close by) in Malvern, UK in May. We are looking at other venues for re-runs elsewhere in the UK, Europe and the US and open to suggestions anywhere where we might get a sensible attendance.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

Reply to
John Adair

Hi John,

Something a bit further south (London area) would be good. I would have been up for taking holiday to do this - but unfortunately, Malvern is a bit too far for me to get to easily / cost effectively!

I'd imagine you'd get a reasonable amount of interest from businesses in the south-east as London is very easily accessible.

Best regards,

Simon

Reply to
Simon Watson

Simon

There is a strong chance of the Altera based seminar having a date in the Reading area. As yet we don,t have anything for Xilinx side but we will work on that.

As to business distribution the South East doesn't actually get very high up our sales percentages but that's in the context that we deliver board and design services for customers into more than 30 countries now. On the 2 previous years published we were also 90%+ export. We have improved the UK percentage for the current year and that's always good to do but we work well with most of customers wherever they might be.

John Adair Enterpo> > Details at

initial dates

een up for taking holiday to do this - but unfortunately, Malvern is a bit = too far for me to get to easily / cost effectively!

the south-east as London is very easily accessible.

Reply to
John Adair

Any ideas about Baltic countries?

Reply to
scrts

I don't see any problem in doing one, or even a mirror pair, in Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania other than identifing a venue and getting enough people interested to attend. One of the very little known facts about Enterpoint is that we do customer specific training courses. It's not like mainstrain training organisation, or even a big part of what we do, but we have done that in a number of countries over the years and that's why we now have a training kit available to do free seminars. Other that our engineering time and travel / venue costs it is not a terribly expensive thing for us to do on the format that we are doing.

Ideally we would like something like 10-20 as a nice sized group which is a good match to our training kit that. We can then have a 2:1 people:kit ratio at 20 people. We could probably handle a few more if we either raid our office for some extra motherboards / laptops or run a less optimal 3:1 ratio on the lab. Target development boards of course are generally not the problem for the labs as they are all our own lines so we just assemble some more if they are needed.

Logistics wise the fact these countries are all in the EU is good. Shipping in and out the kit for labs etc. wouldn't be a problem. If you have a particular suggestions for venue and who might be interested contact me offline via our contact page

about/ and we can disscuss in some more detail.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

Reply to
John Adair

Simon

There is now a date confirmed for the 24th May at Arrrow Electronics offices in Theale near Reading. That should be fairly good for a lot of companies in M3/M4 corridors and even anyone that wants to fly in through Heathrow. Details of this new date should appear in the next day or so.

There is a date clash between our new Altera based seminar date and our first Xilinx based equivalent seminar so we have moved the latter to 20th June now for anyone that is interested in that.

John Adair Enterpo> > Details at

initial dates

een up for taking holiday to do this - but unfortunately, Malvern is a bit = too far for me to get to easily / cost effectively!

the south-east as London is very easily accessible.

Reply to
John Adair

Sign for the Altera based Reading event only is at

Other dates still booked through us directly.

John Adair Enterpo> Simon

.