Free Flash PROM programming tool for GNU/Liunx

The flash PROM can now also be programmed using xc3sprog. It has taken a lot of experimenting to get the PROM programming to work. Xilinx has not released details of the programming algorithm for these devices in its datasheets. This means that I cannot be sure that the delays used are correct. Also verification is not performed.

Negatives aside, this program has sucessfully programmed the Flash PROM on the $99 Spartan3 Starter Kit.

Regards Andrew Rogers

--
Spartan3 configuration JTAG download tool for GNU/Linux available from
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk/xc3sprog/

Great work Andrew.

It seems we've been doing similar things over the last couple of days. I like your code and the SVF route may be the better way to go in the long run, as pointed out by Mr. Jacobson.

I'll put my activities on hold for now and put a link on my web-page to yours.

Regards, Sidney

Reply to
Sidney Cadot

I had considered the SVF route. The problem is that the SVF player cannot give meaningful error messages, the SVF player is not aware of the task in hand. SVF can only report a mismatch between what was read on the TDO and what it was told to expect.

I have just updated my webpage, adding a link to yours.

Regards Andrew

--
Spartan3 configuration JTAG download tool for GNU/Linux available from
http://www.rogerstech.co.uk/xc3sprog/
Reply to
Andrew Rogers

I think that would be nice to support SVF too. So that when a new device appears, we can program it ;)

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Just had a look at the SVF spec you linked.

I found a link to an open source project that claims to have created an SVF parser/interpreter:

So looks like that part is already done for us.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson