FREE download of HercuLeS high-level synthesis!

Dear all,

HercuLeS by Ajax Compilers, Inc.

is an easy to use high-level synthesis (HLS) environment for the automatic translation of algorithms to hardware. HercuLeS is suitable for both hardware-oriented and software-minded engineers.

You can download the FREE version of HercuLeS for Windows 7 (64-bit) and Linux (32-bit and 64-bit) from here:

No registrations, no emails, no additional downloads, no fuss!

Just get the file, read the instructions from this page, and you are set!

Compared to the BASIC and FULL versions, there are some features intentionally missing from the FREE version; please consult the HercuLeS feature matrix for full details:

Best regards, Nikolaos Kavvadias CEO Ajax Compilers Kornarou 12 Rd, Nea Ampliani,

35100 Lamia Greece
Reply to
Nikolaos Kavvadias

Hi Nikolaos,

From the examples it looks like a promising piece of technology and I am always amazed what a single developer can write. However, I would strongly suggest you get a few beta testers to go through the setup and more importantly the usage model of HercuLeS since I think it needs some work.

Thanks for making a free version available,

Hans

HT-Lab

Dear Hans,

first of all, thank you for your kind words.

it

I agree. Since mid 2011 I have tried to create a critical mass of beta test ers however it has proved much more difficult than I thought. Maybe the fre e version availability (with no licensing requirements) can help towards th is end. I have also (just) started a collaboration with a high-profile Univ . lab in Europe (not my native Greece) so HercuLeS can be put under more ex tensive testing.

In Greece we are only maybe 4 people doing HLS; the other 3 didn't show any particular interest in early-stage testing :) Further, the interest from s tudents and young researchers/engineers seems to have significantly dropped due to the ongoing recession (I know this is an excuse).

One good thing is that I have more quality time than in the 2010-2012 perio d, so I am having a good and patient look on issues like application notes, documentation, introductory materials etc. according to user feedback (e.g . you have made a remark on the usage model and the setup process).

Best regards, Nikolaos Kavvadias Ajax Compilers

Reply to
Nikolaos Kavvadias

Dear all,

just to keep you updated with the latest on HercuLeS high-level synthesis:

New versions for Windows 7 (64-bit) and Linux (64-bit) have recently been uploaded. Here is the update summary:

2013-11-06: HercuLeS GUI integration simplifications (Windows 7 only). 2013-10-30: Linux 64-bit version added! (experimental) 2013-10-29: Windows and Linux 32-bit version fix: Garbage collection library was missing. 2013-10-25: Linux 32-bit version added!

For anyone interested, there is also an installer for the Windows 7 version. Let me know if you are interested to directly get the installer (I will then supply you with a direct link).