FPGA + TVP70025i Board

I am looking for an affordable FPGA development board with TVP70025I Board. I am assuming that the board can take in VGA input and then pass the digitized data to FPGA. Is there such a board?

Thanks.

Reply to
Test01

To start with some defination of affordable would be useful. A student affordable budget is much different to that of say a millionaire.

I have not seen a board with this chip available but someone in the group may know of one that I don't. There isn't a big choice in this area generally from what I have seen but I will say that could offer this as a service but I'm not sure it that counts as affordable. Typically we might charge GBP =A3500 / USD $800 to produce a custom module that fits one of our simple DIL Headers and fits many of our standard development boards and modules at this sort of technology level can be designed and manufactured by my team in a few days if that is necessary but more typically we turn these sorts of things in

2-4 weeks.. Our next newsletter will be talking more about this for people that get that.

Another option some people use is to take some thing like a standard develpoment board for the TVP70025I produced by TI themselves and hand wire it to a standard development board. In this case it's not a really cheap as the TI board is about $400 from what I can see.

If you really want to be cheap then you might be worth getting a free, or low cost, CAD package like say Eagle and producing a simple PCB design yourself. You might have a big learning curve on this and there can be large costs if you are not careful but there are a number of manufacturers aimed at prototype/ hobby markets. It might be worth looking up some of the groups more aimed at this sort of thing for better advice if this approach interests you.

John Adair Enterpo> I am looking for an affordable FPGA development board with TVP70025I

Reply to
John Adair

This board has video input and RGB/DVI output:

scrts