FPGA start?

I want to start with Xilinx FPGA's. How does one start cheap? I see a development kit from Digilent for $99 US. It is for a Spartan IIE. But then I see there is a Spartan III but no development kit for this.

What are the options. Can the Spartan IIE 200K gate do a lot of designs. Is that enough gates?

-- Yours sincerely,

Bobi Mageroski Practel Pty. Ltd.

Tel: 61 2 9957 1797 Fax: 61 2 9957 2892

e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@practel.com.au

----------------------------------------------------------------- Important Notice: This email is for the named recipient only. Its contents are confidential. If you are not the authorised recipient you must not use, disclose or copy any of these contents. If you receive this email in error please contact us immediately and delete the email from your system.

bobi

Memec had Spartan III S50J kits but those are all sold out :( also notice that did use "J" version with only 2.5 IO and no BRAM more S3 kits from Memec are exptected but timeline unknown

thats a lot and pretty much enough :)

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Depending on your budget I would advice you to take a look at the modular development boards at

As you become more experienced with FPGAs and your needs grow, these boards will offer you the opportunity to expand.

Reply to
Ben Popoola

--

--Ray Andraka, P.E. President, the Andraka Consulting Group, Inc.

401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950 email snipped-for-privacy@andraka.com

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Reply to
Ray Andraka