FPGA : Spartan-3e configuration failure

Hi

I have a board with Spartan-3e-100VQFP FPGA mounted on it.

I am using SPI flash (M25p20 ) from ST, to store the configuration bit map.

After power-on, the FPGA's starts configuring (INIT-B goes high), then it comes to low. and DONE pin does not go high.

All power suplly is correct.

CCLK is coming but about 1.3 MHz and other signals like CSO_B,DIN some data is coming.

But i am not able to trace why the configuration fails.

May I get any help from you guys..

Thanks in advance...

bijoy

Reply to
bijoy

comes to low. and DONE pin does not go high.

Generally INIT going low means you have a bitstream error that is caught by the CRC detection logic. I would check that the data in the SPI flash is correct for the part you're using and that the bit order within bytes is correct for the stored format.

How did you generate the data for the SPI? Did you make a "serial PROM" image using promgen (or impact)?

coming.

Reply to
Gabor

Hi I use the following command to generate the .hex file to be programmed

promgen -spi -p hex -o promdata.hex -s 2048 -u 0 gl.bit

gl.bit is made from the ISE 7.1

This .hex file i program into the SPI flash using the xspi utility downloaded from xilinx.

My device is 250e-100VQFP

I have got another board with 250e-144TQFP with same SPI interface and that works fine using the same procedure i follow.

Any idea ! what is happening ?

Is there any Bug in 100-pin package FPGA ?

rgds bijoy

Reply to
bijoy

the 100pin package has 2 different pinouts depending if you have early ES part or production part! check the datasheet and documentation. but the different pins are some Mode pins so if wrong the config would not start I guess, so it might be different issue.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Hi That difference in ES and production samples are taken care. Any way what we have got is production samples.

We are using ISE 7.1 version.

rgds bijoy

Reply to
bijoy