FPGA : Spartan-3e configuration failure

Hi

I have a board with Spartan-3e-100VQFP FPGA mounted on it.

I am using SPI flash (M25p20 ) from ST, to store the configuration bit map.

After power-on, the FPGA's starts configuring (INIT-B goes high), then it comes
to low. and DONE pin does not go high.

All power suplly is correct.

CCLK is coming but about 1.3 MHz and other signals like CSO_B,DIN some data is
coming.

But i am not able to trace why the configuration fails.

May I get any help from you guys..

Thanks in advance...

bijoy

Re: FPGA : Spartan-3e configuration failure

comes to low. and DONE pin does not go high.

Generally INIT going low means you have a bitstream error that is
caught by
the CRC detection logic.  I would check that the data in the SPI flash
is
correct for the part you're using and that the bit order within bytes
is correct
for the stored format.

How did you generate the data for the SPI?  Did you make a "serial
PROM"
image using promgen (or impact)?

coming.

Re: FPGA : Spartan-3e configuration failure
Hi I use the following command to generate the .hex file to be programmed

promgen -spi -p hex -o promdata.hex -s 2048 -u 0 gl.bit

gl.bit is made from the ISE 7.1

This .hex file i program into the SPI flash using the xspi utility downloaded
from xilinx.

My device is 250e-100VQFP

I have got another board with 250e-144TQFP with same SPI interface and that
works fine using the same procedure i follow.

Any idea ! what is happening ?

Is there any Bug in 100-pin package FPGA ?

rgds bijoy

Re: FPGA : Spartan-3e configuration failure
the 100pin package has 2 different pinouts depending if you have early
ES part or production part! check the datasheet and documentation. but
the different pins are some Mode pins so if wrong the config would not
start I guess, so it might be different issue.

Antti

Re: FPGA : Spartan-3e configuration failure
Hi That difference in ES and production samples are taken care. Any way what we
have got is production samples.

We are using ISE 7.1 version.

rgds bijoy

Site Timeline