FPGA Size

Run it through the mapper. The mapper will give you a report.

be

Reply to
Brannon King

Hi

I've done a design in VHDL using the XILINX software and I was wondering, how can I tell how much of the FPGA my design uses? I was hoping I would be able to find out what percentage of the FPGA my design uses.

Thanks,

Reply to
Chris

specifically, check the file with the suffix .mrp in your synthesis directory.

-- Regards, John Retta

email : snipped-for-privacy@rtc-inc.com web :

wondering,

would

Reply to
John Retta

Fitter (place&route) will tell you. Report looks like:

Macrocells Product Terms Registers Pins Function Block Used Used Used Used Inputs Used

39 /72 ( 54%) 337 /360 ( 94%) 38 /72 ( 53%) 4 /34 ( 12%) 140/216 ( 65%)
Reply to
valentin tihomirov

look at the synthesis report (of throught the floorplanner)...

be

Reply to
Yttrium