FPGA running diff with simulation

When you say it works well when simulation do you mean that you have done a back-annotated simulation or just your rtl simulation. Back annotated simulation is where you take the .vo file from quartus (verilog output) and the SDF file generated by quartus (the file with all the actual delays) and simulate that design and see if it works as expected. Of course the better way is to put in good timing constraints and do a thorough timing analysis which ensures that you are catching all timing errors not just the ones which appear for your specific simulation.

Hi all: I download my design(A 5 pipeline CPU) to FPGA(Altera Stratix), But it runs diff with what I expected. Some signals in a bus were delayed by a stage in FPGA(I see those signals in SignalTap), but it works well when simulation. All optimization options was turn off in Quartus II, No efferct were taken. Can someone help?

Thanks!

-luiguo snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
luiguo

Reply to
luiguo

You must do timing simulation,also if you don't add the timing constraints,this will mostly result in problem!

Reply to
bjzhangwn