FPGA Prototyping Board

I've got a design for a $40 assembled and tested fpga dev board that is on a pci card for use in a standard PC (probably running linux). It would have ethernet and some other ports for experimentation, but basically the fpga would become a configurable pci device. Possible applications could be mpeg encoding/decoding, encryption/decryption, or just plain experimentation with fpga technology. I'm debating whether to do a production run of these things, but if they won't sell I don't want to bother. Would anyone consider buying such a thing?

Reply to
The Big Bear

be

experimentation

I would happily buy one.

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Mason

I would too. But as long as it is not shipped by UPS. I would cost more than that to ship to Australia. Documentation would be important as in this case I am a bit thick.

Mike

Reply to
mikegw

What FPGA?

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

XC2S100E 100K gates 2,700 logic cells. It's a Xilinx part

Reply to
The Big Bear

Hi,

For those of you who might be interested in such prototyping boards, and have the time to fab it yourself, I have designed such a board and you can get the gerber photoplots for it at:

Have fun, I sure did... I've tested this board out and it works as intended. You can use it with the Xilinx v3.0 PCI32 LogiCORE.

Eric

mikegw wrote:

Reply to
Eric Crabill