FPGA minimum operating frequencies

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any *lower* limits on the clock
frequency that can be used to clock FPGAs (in particular the Xilinx
Virtex II : XC2V3000). I know there are certain kinds of high speed
logic families using precharge-discharge operation, where the leakage
sets a lower limit on operating speed. Is there such a limit for these
FPGAs, and if so, what is it (ballpark figures are fine).

Thanks,

Nitin

Re: FPGA minimum operating frequencies
All,

Good answers, and they are correct.

All static, no precharge tricks.

You can go to 1 milli-hertz if you like.

Austin

Re: FPGA minimum operating frequencies
Hello,  <BR>
In which reports of time can I see the maximum frequency or haw can I to
calculate it?. I am working with ISE 5.1i and for the synthesis I use xst.
Falcn.

Site Timeline