FPGA : MAP slice logic into BLOCK RAM

Hi

FPGA : Spartan-3, Xilinx ISE :tools ------------------------------------ have wrote a VHDL code to implement shift registers

as shown below

type reg_array is array(7 downto 0) of std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);

signal reg : reg_array;

process(clk) begin if(clk'event and clk = '1')then if(en = '1')then reg

Reply to
bijoy

"bijoy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@webx.sUNCHnE...

the logic is that ISE can auto map to BRAM is ver limited and specific, read the datasheet and manuals it is explained there what type of logic can be auto mapped to BRAM

antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi

I have read that, it says we should not use asynchronous reset

The program what i have written is also taken from there and they say it will be mapped to BRAMs

I am observing in my p&r report that it is getting mapped to BRAM but the slice count is not getting reduced.

regds bijoy

Reply to
bijoy

be mapped to BRAMs

slice count is not getting reduced.

Reply to
wv9557

Hi I don't know how to implement a shift register using BRAMs. That is why i tried to use the map property to enable the mapping option.

If any one has an idea, could you please share it with me.

regards bijoy

Reply to
bijoy