FPGA: Interfacing external NVRAM

hi, <p>I'm looking for something in which I can store my application
data/parameters which will be overwritten if changed and stored for further use.
That means I want a device which I can read from and write to without loosing
the data on power down.  <p>I'm looking for suggestions of any particular
manufacturer/family of devices for the same.  <p>Thanks and regards  <BR>
Ram

Re: Interfacing external NVRAM
Hi,
I am looking for the same, a device to store some data that will be
availiable after a reset or power down.
The data are not much, ~ 60 KBytes.

Have you managed to find anything?

Thanks,
Christos

hi,
I'm looking for something in which I can store my application
data/parameters which will be overwritten if changed and stored for further
use. That means I want a device which I can read from and write to without
loosing the data on power down.
I'm looking for suggestions of any particular manufacturer/family of devices
for the same.
Thanks and regards
Ram

Re: Interfacing external NVRAM

How often does your data change and/or how fast do you need to access it?

Can you put it in the the back of the chip holding the configuration bits?

There are lots of tiny serial (2 wires) flash/eeprom chips available
for that sort of thing.  Feed "serial eeprom" to DigiKey's search
engine for a good start.  They are slightly ugly to talk to.  Probably
easier if you have software to do it.

Also, keep in mind what will happen if power goes out during
an update.

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  So are all my
other mailboxes.  Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited